Thursday, May 13, 2010

Like mother like daughter



My mother and I love to cook and bake together. We love cute aprons, but these days they are so very pricey!I decided to use my sewing skills to fashion coordinating aprons for us to wear while piddling in the kitchen. I looked for a pattern online, but I didn't see one I really liked, so I just made my own. Not too bad for an old linen dress and some scrap fabric, if I do say so myself. The best part? Seeing my mom's surprise and how incredibly well they fit. I simply cannot wait to whip up some delectables in these!

5 comments:

  1. Great job on the aprons.....just found your blog on Moria's....I will tell Leanne....See Ya this summer


    Sis Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy!
    Just wanted to let you know that I have been checking for updates, but I haven't had oodles of time to comment. Eloise will be finished with school next Thursday, so I should have a few more seconds to chat.
    BTW- Eloise got the highest score in her class on the LEAP test. Looks like our letters of encouragement worked!
    ~Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. LOVE THE APRONS!!!

    I'm still plodding along with mine, but I'm almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.P.S. DID I MENTION THAT OUR "DOUBLE 2ND COUSIN" WILL BE ARRIVING ON MONDAY. HER HUBBY HAS A JOB INTERVIEW AT THE SUGAR REFINERY. THAT IS WONDERFUL...IS IT NOT???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! It's so wonderful that you have started sewing so young. I was intimidated for years and when I finally picked it up....I love it.

    Kristi
    Miss Riya's friend from church

    ReplyDelete